IMPORTANT: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
If you have traveled outside of Canada recently and you are not currently ill, Haliburton Highlands Health Services asks that you monitor yourself closely for any symptoms of a respiratory infection, such as cough, fever, or difficulty breathing, for at least 14 days after your return. Please consider our vulnerable patients and residents if you plan to visit during this time frame, make sure you are not experiencing any signs of illness and ensure you sign in to our visitor log and practice good hand hygiene by hand-washing or using alcohol based hand sanitizer as you enter our facility.
Most people who are exposed to covid-19 or other respiratory viruses through international travel, or contact with people who have traveled internationally, are safe to stay at home if they do develop symptoms, and take care of themselves by practicing good handwashing, cleaning home surfaces, and getting plenty of rest, drinking lots of fluids and eating healthy foods. It is good to keep distance between yourself and other family members who are not ill, just as you would do with a cold or the 'flu.
If you have a fever and/or a new cough or difficulty breathing AND you have traveled outside of Canada within 14 days of your symptoms starting, OR you have had close contact with an ill person who has traveled within 14 days of their symptoms starting then proceed to the Emergency Department: Clean your hands, put on a face mask and alert the Triage Nurse immediately upon arrival in the Emergency Department. Do not sit in the general waiting room. Individuals with severe symptoms, such as respiratory distress or shortness of breath should phone 911 and alert EMS to international travel.
- HHHS Community Programs Launches HaliburtonCares.ca - April 2
- First COVID-19 Case in Haliburton County_Apr 2020
- Self Isolation - Community Support Services Flyer
- Haliburton County COVID-19 Assessment Centre Opening March 31, 2020
- Weekly Community COVID-19 Update - March 27 2020
- PSA - Appeal for Health Care Workers - March 24, 2020
- COVID-19 ALERT - HALIBURTON COUNT - March 20 2020
- Press Release - COVID-19 and Regional Assessment Centres - March 20 2020
- Press Release - COVID-19 - March 17, 2020
- Self Isolation Fact Sheet
- Local Health Partners COVID-19 News
For further information about the Novel Coronavirus, (COVID-19) you can contact the HKPR Health Unit at 1-866-888-4577.
If you are seeking telephone advice please contact Telehealth at 1-866-797-0000