Haliburton Highlands Diabetes Education Network
Who Are We?
The diabetes education team is made up of a Registered Dietitian, two Registered Nurses and Clerical Support.
We will work together with you, your doctor and other health care members to help manage your diabetes.
Check out our Newsletters
for interesting information about
medications, great tips for exercise,
and try some of our healthy recipes!
Who Do We See?
Persons 18 years of age, and older with:
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Type 1 Diabetes
- Gestational Diabetes
- New clients and those wishing a refresher are always welcome
- We welcome self-referrals
- You do not need a family doctor to attend our program
What Is Our Goal?
- To help you gain knowledge about diabetes
- To help you become an advocate for your own health
- To give you the tools and develop skills to help you take control of your blood sugars
We Help You…
- Take a positive approach to diabetes
- Set your own goals
- Produce an individual meal plan
- Reduce or prevent complications of diabetes
What Do We Offer?
We offer two group workshops at both Minden and Haliburton Hospital Sites on a rotating monthly basis:
- “Just the Basics”- Basics about what diabetes is and how to manage it through lifestyle changes
- " Beyond the Basics " - Discussing the complications of diabetes and ways to prevent them.
- We also offer individual appointments.
Hours of Operation:
- Haliburton (8:30-4:00) - Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays
- Minden (8:30-4:00) - Tuesdays and, Wednesdays
- Wilberforce - Schedule Varies - Please Contact Us.
- Minden site open for appointment booking Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
How To Contact Us:
By Telephone: 705-457-1392 or 705-286-2140
Haliburton Ext.# 2241 / Minden Ext.# 3296
By Fax: (705) 286-3146
By Email: diabetes @ hhhs.ca
DEN Referral Form - Please Print Form and Fax back to 705-286-3146
Catherine Neville, Team Support
Kimberley Hicks, RD, CDE
Stephanie Kuno, RN, CDE
The HHHS Diabetes Program (DEN) is funded directly by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MOHLTC)