Haliburton Highlands Diabetes Education Network
Please note that we are still open but are completing appointments by telephone.
Who Are We?
The diabetes education team is made up of a Registered Dietitian, two Registered Nurses and Clerical Support.
We will work together with you, your doctor and other health care members to help manage your diabetes.
Check out our Newsletters
for interesting information about
medications, great tips for exercise,
and try some of our healthy recipes!
Who Do We Provide Services To?
Persons 18 years of age, and older with:
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Type 1 Diabetes
- Gestational Diabetes
- New clients and those wishing a refresher are always welcome
- We welcome self-referrals
- You do not need a family doctor to attend our program
What Is Our Goal?
- To help you gain knowledge about diabetes
- To help you become an advocate for your own health
- To give you the tools and develop skills to help you take control of your blood sugars
We Help You…
- Take a positive approach to diabetes
- Set your own goals
- Produce an individual meal plan
- Reduce or prevent complications of diabetes
What Do We Offer?
At present we are offering telephone appointments and support. Beginning October 2020 we will have a limited number of in-person appointments available.
Hours of Operation:
- Monday to Friday (8:30 a.m. -4:00 p.m.)
How To Contact Us:
By Phone: (705)286-2140 Ext. 3296
By Fax: (705) 286-3146
By Email: diabetes @ hhhs.ca
DEN Referral Form - Please Print Form and Fax back to 705-286-3146
Catherine Neville, Team Support
Kimberley Hicks, RD, CDE
Danielle Clements, RN
Caroline Hood, RN CDE
The HHHS Diabetes Program (DEN) is funded directly by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MOHLTC)